Saturday 29 January 2011


Pretty good afternoon at work today. Loads of people about despite the cold wind and they were probably attracted by the continuing quality of birds.

There are still loads of passerines on the brackish marsh, 121 skylark, 40 twite and 25 snow bunts today, the Northern harrier is still performing well and there has been 3 ringtails and male hen harriers in the last couple of days.
The highlight of the afternoon was finally catching up with the elusive hooded crow. Despite being around since before Christmas I never caught up with it for my 2010 list. While showing some visitors the 2 redhead smew I saw it fly through my bins and land on one of the islands. It was about for most of the afternoon but was still mobile and spent most of its time on the saltmarsh. It was a reserve tick taking my list to 257.

Usual excuses for the bad images but the light was pretty crappy.


No comments:

Post a Comment