Friday 15 April 2011

I was lucky enough to have one of our volunteers, Andy, coming towards me on the Meadow Trail when I found the Iberian chiffchaff the other day. Thankfully Andy always carries his monster camera and lens and was able to get a fantastic series of photos of the bird. Andy has kindly allowed me to put them on here. They are unchanged from what Andy has given me but I have resized them so enable them to be posted.

Thanks to Andy Thompson for the use of his images here.









While I was at Strumpshaw Fen on Thursday I managed to get out onto the reserve for a productive couple of hours. The drake ferruginous duck (looks good to me) was showing well from the Fen Hide and there was also a booming bittern. Loads of marsh harriers kicking about the reserve and a flyover green sand.


The flamingo of last week seems to have struck a chord with the local media as I have had the EDP call to have a chat and I was on Radio Norfolk yesterday afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment