Tuesday 6 March 2012

8 geese are listed

While we were away in India, the only thing of interest we missed was a group of tundra bean geese that were kicking about with the pinks. Gutting as it was a reserve tick!
Well today I got a second chance. Ray radioed back to the office to say that a large group of pinkies had dropped into the grazing marsh. I got David to pop out to check them and before long he was on the radio. I nipped out to to pick up 2 barnacle (116) and a white-front. Almost a soon as I got back to my lunch David called again to say come back.
On my return he already had one tundra bean goose (117) in the scope. A scan produced a second bird and another pair were found later. The bean goose takes my reserve list to 264

Geese species recorded today:-
Tundra bean goose
Barnacle goose
White fronted goose
Canada goose
Greylag goose
Dark bellied Brent goose
Pink footed goose
Egyptian goose

Male hen harrier over the reedbed on the edge of the village this evening

No comments:

Post a Comment