Wednesday 2 January 2013

Bloody foot!

I have know idea what I have done to my right foot (not a NYE injury) but my first opportunity to start my patchwork challenge was scuppered by barely able to walk more than a few metres.

I did however open my nets in the garden for a couple of hours before the rain arrived and had an excellent morning. 15 new, 10 re-traps and a control was a decent return. Best birds were 2 goldfinch, 4 coal tit (7 in garden), 3 blackbirds inc a control. Two female bramblings had been about in the morning but sadly waited until the nets were closed before dropping into the feeders.

Thankfully the patch is centred around the garden so sat at the patio doors gave a good opportunity to add species without having to walk far. Obviously, most of the 27 species added were garden birds but several nice things were added. Flyover golden plover, fieldfare, yellowhammer and fieldfare were nice while 2 jay and a magpie in the garden were good.

Hopefully the foot will improve by the weekend, fingers crossed!!

Barn owl on the way home, a regular sighting at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment