Thursday 21 September 2017

Hunstanton to Holme

Thought I'd make the most of some time off to get out birding this week before heading up to Shetland at the weekend.

I haven't walked this route in ages so I thought I'd give it a try. It has a good reputation and even I have have found some good birds here in the past - barred warbler and red backed shrike when we used to live in Hunstanton.

To be honest is was pretty quiet although there were more migrants about that at the weekend despite the wind being in the south. Highlights being

Chiffchaff - 8
Blackcap - 4
Wheatear - 1
Hobby - 1 west chasing the mixed swallow/house martin flock
Pink footed goose - 75 in/off sea over the NOA obs
Dark bellied brent goose - 4 on sea at Gore Point
Stonechat - 6

Not a great deal but better than being stuck indoors


No comments:

Post a Comment