Saturday 10 March 2012

KITE!

Just as I was about to go in for lunch I heard all the gulls and corvids calling like crazy overhead. The birds were just wheeling around in a stack calling but and not at all bothered by the red kite (40) that was cruising up behind them. The bird came in from the east and circled over the village for 10mins before flying west. I have just heard that it was also seen over the common later in the afternoon.
Added several new birds to the reserve yearlist in the last week including a short-eared owl hunting with a barn owl over the grazing marsh on Thursday afternoon. Yearlist moves onto 119.
Not going to win any photo prizes with this one but I was happy to see the Arctic redpoll feeding just above the picnic tables when I arrived at work last weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment