Wednesday 23 January 2013

Cornish highlights

I was looking through some photos the other day when I came across these photos of the buff-breasted sandpiper on Davidstow airfield last October and thought I would post them.
It was one of many highlights from a weeks birding in the far south that included both Cory's, great (2), several hundred sooty and Balearic shearwaters, yellow browed warbler, 4-5 firecrest and the 7 red-rumped swallows at Marazion.

Although they are not the best shots in the world, I was happy with the results considering they were digiscoped out of the car window only using a beanbag for support.






















Leave is already booked for this October and I will be finding the 'big one'....
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful little birds. Bird watching is really fun in Cornwall. It's one of the best things to do during Cornwall Holidays.

    ReplyDelete