Tuesday 13 August 2013

I've got the blues




















A couple of years ago I heard about a site in North Norfolk that held chalkhill blue butterflies, a species I had never seen before. After seeing messages on Bird Forum and Twitter I visited the site a couple of days ago and wasn't disappointed by what I found. I don't think there was the 6500 individuals that were reported a couple of weeks ago but they were everywhere. sadly they are not getting a bit worn but my new camera worked wonders and I am well happy with the results.

I don't know much about their history in Norfolk but they were introduced to the chalk grassland of the Warham Camp site. I was really nice to walk amongst the clouds of butterflies trying to find the best individuals to photograph. They were a bit flighty due to the wind but I know where I will be visiting again next summer.











Also present was a painted lady and at least one small copper along with loads of whites and meadow browns



No comments:

Post a Comment